Instructions for front desk staff during an ACM dawn raid.
Instructions during an ACM dawn raid
The Dutch Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM) supervises compliance with the competition and consumer rules. The European Commission supervises compliance with the competition rules and coordinates investigations in the event of possible violations of consumer law. The Dutch Healthcare Authority (NZa) is charged with the enforcement of the Healthcare Market Regulation Act. In this context, officials of the ACM, the European Commission and the NZa have investigative powers. Among other things, they have the authority to make unannounced company visits, also known as dawn raids.
5 instructions during an ACM dawn raid
Below are the 5 instructions for front desk staff to follow during such a company visit.
1. Immediately contact the designated internal responsible person;
2. Ask the officials for the original identity cards and make a copy of these;
3. Bring the officials to an empty conference room and ask the officials to wait with the investigation until the designated contact is present. Do not let the officials walk through the building on their own;
4. Do not answer any questions from the officials until you have consulted the designated contact;
5. Remain friendly and polite.
If you have any questions contact us directly.